Aftermath Of The Presidential Election.

Roa Saadelnour, staff writer

Written on 11/9/16.

Yesterday was the day that, as many people say, was the “End of America.” Yesterday was the presidential election. Yesterday Donald. J. Trump won the election.

CBS news said, “The 2016 race that began 595 days ago and involved 22 major candidates is expected to end Tuesday as millions of voters head to the polls across the U.S. to cast their ballots for president, vice president, their representatives in Congress and other elected officials.” Three days ago, Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, a one-time Secretary of State and previous first lady, held a small 4-percentage-point lead over the Republican, “Grand Ol Party”, nominee Donald Trump, according to a CBS News poll measuring the votes before the polls opened.

Senator Tim Kaine, D-Virginia, was Clinton’s vice presidential nominee and Republican Gov. Mike Pence was Trump’s running companion. Libertarian Gary Johnson and Green Party candidate Jill Stein were two independent candidates who surfaced on ballots. Evan McMullin was another independent candidate who was expected to execute well in his home state of Utah.

People across social media began to thank Obama for his 8 years of service, and for being a great president.  CNN reported “The sun is slowly beginning to set on Barack Obama’s presidency. He is wringing every last ounce of power from his remaining time in office, nominating a Supreme Court justice, making a historic visit to Cuba and joining Friday into Britain’s debate over whether to leave the European Union. But the inexorable ebbing of time and influence that overtakes second term presidencies is becoming more noticeable with every week that goes by as some of his official duties begin to take on a poignant, valedictory tone.”

Donald Trump’s victory over Hillary Clinton for 45th president continuously shocks the world. Britain and the United States have an enduring and special relationship based on the values of freedom, democracy and enterprise,” said Prime Minister Theresa May of Britain. “We are, and will remain, strong and close partners on trade, security and defense.”

Families begin to worry about the future of America and some are thought to believe America is on the brink of war with Donald Trump heading into office.