2017 entices Marvel and DC Fans

Junior+Mazana+Boerboom+is+excited+about+the+movies+this+year.+

2017 entices Marvel and DC Fans

Junior Mazana Boerboom is excited about the movies this year.

Mazana Boerboom, Staff Writer

2017 will be a big year for the Marvel and DC nerds out there. Many are pumped for the beginning of the Justice League in Justice League Part One and Wonder Woman, a stand alone film for all those strong female hero lovers. Then there’s the next re-creation of Spider-Man, Spider-Man Homecoming. Spider-Man was introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)  in Captain America: Civil War (CACW ) where he was played by Tom Holland, who actually looks like a teenager – way to go Marvel Studios! We will also get the long awaited Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 with  Baby Groot, who many find adorable, and viewers get to discover why Thor wasn’t in CACW in the third Thor movie, Thor: Ragnarok.

Marvel has dominated the superhero movie market for several years. Last year, however, DC came back into play with Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad reintroducing some of their more well-known heroes and villains. This year DC is coming out with a movie about one of the most famous superhero teams: Justice League Part One. This movie will depict the introduction of the team, much like Marvel’s Avengers. The movie will include Batman, The Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Aquaman fighting the villain Steppenwolf. It will be released on November 17, 2017, here’s the official trailer. Wonder Woman will take place during WWI as she discovers her powers. Her movie is released June 2, 2017, here is the trailer. Junior, Tomas D’Anella, reports being very excited to see these movies. 

Marvel will delve deeper into phase three of the MCU story with three movies this year.  Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 will feature the same lovable characters as their first movie, with Groot now as Baby Groot instead of his full sized counterpart.  The movie will focus on the story of Star Lord (Peter Quill) discovering who his father is. The movie will feature the same humor and action as its previous film. The release date is May 5, here is a link to the trailer. Next to come will be Spider Man Homecoming featuring a high school age Peter Parker, the first teenage hero in the MCU thus far, against the villain Vulture. This movie will acknowledge Marvel’s teenage fans as he deals with the stress of teenage life while being Spider Man on the side. The movie will also feature Iron Man, as a mentor to young Peter Parker. Its release date is July 7, here is a link to the trailer. There is a little less known about Thor: Ragnarok without an official trailer yet released. The movie will feature Thor, Loki, Hulk and Doctor Strange and the plot details Thor trying to save his home, Asgard, from the destruction of Ragnarok. The release date for this film is November 3, here is a link to the teaser trailer.

Make sure to keep an eye out for these movies, which will likely entertain any movie-goer. Go to IMDb for any further information about cast and plots.