All Eyez On Me

Riah Davidson, Staff Writer

“All Eyez On Me,” a biographical drama based on Tupac Shakur’s life and career, will appear in theaters June 16, 2017. Tupac’s role will be played by Demetrius Shipp Jr. Other artists ,such as Biggie Smalls, Dr. Dre, and Queen Latifah, will be shown in the film. For those unaware of Shakur’s career, he was an American record producer, activist, and rapper.

By the year 2007, Tupac had sold over 75 million records worldwide. His double disc albums All Eyez on Me and his Greatest hits are among the best-selling albums in the United States.

Everybody’s at war with different things…I’m at war with my own heart sometimes.”

— Tupac Shakur

Tupac’s birthname was Lesane Parish Crooks. Shakur went by the names 2Pac, Pac, and Makaveli on stage. He was not born into the fame and fortune. Many of his songs are about his struggle and the struggles of others. This includes observing the trials of his mother throughout his short life. Many listeners are able to relate and go on a journey with him by vibing with his explicit and controversial lyrics. Pac was embroiled in a feud between East and West coast rappers when was he murdered at the age of 25 and many feel that he has still not received justice. This film will highlight both his successes and trials as a hip-hop artist. The release date for All Eyez On Me, also happens to be Tupac’s date of birth, so be sure to be there.