Colt Alumni Returns as Staff

Colt Alumni Returns as Staff

Josh Parker

Josh Parker

Josh Parker

Ryley Sierra Lyons, Staff Writer

Every year, Cottonwood High School welcomes new students as well as new faculty. The school needs to be comfortable with the staff, whether it is a teacher, aid, or custodian, so Colt Roundup sought out these new faculty members to help students get to know them better.

Ms. Jessica Ibarra is the newest secretary in Cottonwood’s Counseling Center. When you come into the counseling center, you are greeted by Ms. Ibarra, her friendly smile, and her student aids. Ms. Ibarra is always there to help, whether it’s to set up an appointment with Diego, the college advisor, to help you see your counselor, or even provide a band-aid.

When I went to interview Ms. Ibarra, she was sitting at her desk in the counseling center, the sound of her typing on the keys was the only sound in the room. She immediately stopped what she was doing and greeted me when I walked up.

Colt Roundup asked Ms. Ibarra, “What brought you to Cottonwood?” Ms. Ibarra explained, “I wanted to do the same thing I was doing before I had my son, and Cottonwood had a job opening for that position.” Ms Ibarra’s favorite thing about Cottonwood would have to be “The people, everyone is nice, and very helpful. And funny.”

Before working at Cottonwood, Ms Ibarra was the Counseling Center Secretary at Jefferson Jr. High. We wrapped up the interview with the question, “What was your favorite part of high school?” Ms Ibarra told Colt Roundup that she graduated from Cottonwood. “But I really enjoyed the sports and extracurricular activities. I was also an SBO at Kearns High School.”

Ms Ibarra is always a warm, friendly smile in the counseling center.