All Kinds of New Faces

All Kinds of New Faces

Josh Parker

Josh Parker

Josh Parker

Ashley Moreno, Staff Writer

This year, Cottonwood is filled with all kinds of new faces. One of them happens to be Jami Spencer, a new biology teacher. She moved to Utah from Gilbert Arizona, where she taught at Desert Ridge High School. Spencer started teaching biology after trying out different subjects. She majored in math before switching to biology.

Spencer moved to Cottonwood to be closer to her family. “I love Utah so far, but when it gets to winter I might not,” she told Colt Roundup. She’s liked her students and fellow staff members so far at Cottonwood.

Colt Roundup asked Spencer what she was most looking forward to this year. She replied, “Just seeing kids be successful. I am very big at goal setting.” She has taught for a very long time. This is her sixteenth year teaching, and she’s had a blast doing it.

Colt Roundup also asked Spencer what was different about Cottonwood compared to her last school. “The first thing I noticed was that Cottonwood has way more school spirit,” she answered. The Colts have demonstrated that this is true. There’s no assembly that doesn’t end in a rumble of shouts! Spencer mentioned that this was something that caught her attention and was something she immediately liked. Spencer told Colt Roundup that this was one of the reasons she chose Cottonwood. Go Colts!