Save Money on Makeup!

Ashley Moreno, Staff Writer

Anastasia Beverly Hills, Too Faced, Benefit Tarte – all great high end makeup brands that have gone far with their products. But, prices can be a little intimidating sometimes. If you look in the right places, you can find dupes for a good price. Dupes are like duplicates or an imitation of a product.

When some girls hear “drugstore makeup” they automatically think bad quality or cheap. At least, that’s what I used to think. I used to dislike buying drugstore makeup. But, brands like Revlon and Maybelline have great products, and they’re in drugstores. I mean, don’t get me wrong, some products are not so great. You just have to know where to look.

Maybelline would have to be my favorite. Their products are amazing. I use their Fit Me concealer and it really does miracles.  It’s really creamy, and it’s not as dry as other concealer products. To tell the truth, I have liked this concealer more than the NARS Radiant Creamy one. NARS  dries up very quickly and is harder to blend into the skin.  The NARS concealer costs twice as much, but the Maybelline one is by far better. Never assume that a high price means high quality.  

If you can’t afford a product you have really been wanting from high end companies like Sephora, Ulta, etc. You can always find dupes.  Some dupes won’t always work or look the best, but for the most part they do. Let’s say you really want the Bobbi Brown stick foundation ($46) but don’t have the money at the moment.. Revlon’s got your back! Their PhotoReady Insta-Fix stick foundation ($11.19) is about the same thing, and you save yourself about 34 dollars. Dupes are usually the same product, but at a better price.

The L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer ($8.99) is an impressive dupe for the The Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz ($21). This is truly an effective way to save money and get what you want. Although it is not the actual brand you wanted, the product is pretty much the same. The L’Oreal brush is quick to use and leaves no harsh lines resulting in a natural look.  The Brow Wiz pigmentation is quite strong, so users must be careful during application to avoid looking fake.

As you look for products, make sure it is right for your face and it will benefit your skin instead of hurting it. Looking at reviews and reading about the product is a great weigh-in to see if it is really worth buying. Always look at the quality of the product and be smart about what you buy. Safe spending!