The differences between life in Thailand and the United States

Many+things+characterize+the+differences+between+the+United+States+and+Thailand.+
Many things characterize the differences between the United States and Thailand.

Nicole Long

Nicole Long

Nay Blut Htoo, Staff Writer

In Thailand there is a small camp called “Mae La Camp.”

The small camp is like a jungle. People have to plant vegetables or food by themselves. People are happy to be with friends and family. Sometimes they help each other. In the camp, the school is poor and people are poor, which means they don’t have enough money to send their children to school.They have to work hard to get money and send their children to school to learn about things. Sometime it’s hard for them when they don’t have jobs and it’s not easy for them to get a job. But in Thailand, you don’t have to pay utility bills or a water bills because people get water by themselves. When students go to school, they have to sit on the dirt floor and sometimes they don’t have something to write with; they don’t even have computers. After the school gets out at 12 o’clock students have to go home and eat lunch and before 1 o’clock when they have to go back to school again. In Thailand, they don’t have a college for the students who graduate. But there is almost always a war, no peace, and people are starving. During the war, people are starving and have to run for their lives. Many children have lost both parents.

In the United States, people have freedom. There is no war, like life in Thailand. When people  go to school, they learn a lot of things, and it seems like going to school is free. They also have free food at school, so you don’t have to go back home to eat your lunch. When in class, students don’t have to sit on the floor but on a chair. Students have everything they need for school in the US. They have a lot of food, so they could go buy it anytime. They are not starving or don’t need to worry about things at all. They don’t need to run from an enemy. Also, when students go to school, they go on a bus or a school bus picks them up. Everyone has peace and is free. People can go wherever they want and move whenever they want to. When they try to go somewhere, they don’t have worry about the police or a guard trying to stop them. They also can have a good education when they go to college. They can work hard and buy a good car to travel with. They don’t need to walk or carry a heavy thing, they have a lot of restaurants to go eat and buy  food everywhere instead of carrying food. Life in The United States is to live with peace and to be free.