Bethesda 76

Bethesda 76

Alan Pipkin, Staff Writer

Bethesda is a gaming company that has been around since 1986. They bought the rights to the Fallout series in 2008 and made Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout Shelter, and Fallout 76. According to Bethesda’s website, the company has made around 2.1 billion dollars overall from the fallout series. Fallout 76 is the newest installment in the Fallout series and only made 84 million dollars and only sold about 1.4 million copies. Fallout 76 also had a special edition that came with a “canvas” bag, a pip boy (a wrist computer), and a T-51 power armor helmet. There was a big problem with the special edition canvas bag because it wasn’t made of canvas. It looked like it was made with a trash bag, and many people were angry about it.

Colt roundup interviewed Chris Denver who has been a lifelong fan of the fallout games, and he has bought many of the items that go along with Fallout 76.  He said, “I honestly am starting to hate Bethesda and a lot of things that they have lied about and the fact that they had released an unfinished, broken game that is pretty crappy and isn’t the best to play with no non-controllable characters. It has so many problems that would be so easy to fix if they would have just finished the game before putting it out on the market, and the fact that the multiplier is so unbalanced it can ruin the game if you’re a low level player and a high level comes by and spawns in many high level enemies that you have to run from.”  

Bethesda later made a leather jacket that was designed to look like the Vault Tec 76 jumpsuit. For most, this just looked like a jacket with obnoxious colors. For the people who have been constantly lied to by Bethesda, the jacket was a relief. Many of the hard core Fallout fans have been very angry with the things that Bethesda has done to Fallout 76, so when they brought out the jacket, many could take a breath of relief and could relax that Bethesda hadn’t made an entirely new mess.