Fast Food Quality

Fast Food Quality

Alan Pipkin, Staff Writer

Have you ever thought about the quality of fast food a few days after it was made? I decided to put it to the test. My friend, Michel Fox, and I purchased food from In-N-Out, McDonald’s, Little Caesars, and Pizza Hut.

We started  on April 22 at In-N-Out and McDonald’s getting four Cheese burgers and four medium fries from both places. I thought that McDonald’s was pretty good and Michel agreed. When we tried In-N-Out, we were both pleasantly surprised because we had never tried it before. We have been told from friends and family that In-N-Out was a not a great place to eat. We then put the extra food into the fridge and waited until the 28th of April before we took the extras out and heated them in the microwave for 30 seconds. When we tried the food, we were very upset because it all tasted like a sad sandwich from all our bad memories.

On April 23, we purchased two large pizzas: one from Pizza Hut and one from Little Caesars. We had half of each pizza and put the other half of the two pizzas in the fridge.. Michel had only one thing to say about the fresh pizza. “Little Caesars has some of the best pizza if you’re half asleep and have only ever had Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut’s pizza is so greasy and grody that if you ate even a bite, you will have some, if not all, of your arteries clogged.” On the 29th of April, we took the two halves of the pizzas and we heated them up in a microwave for 30 seconds. When we took the Little Caesars pizza out we noticed that there was really no change from when we first ate the pizza. Michel’s thoughts on the reheated Little Caesars pizza was, “Honestly, I would rather only eat this pizza than any Pizza Hut but that’s just me. Pizza Hut has too much grease for me even though this pizza is a few days old. I can still feel my arteries build up.”

What we had found is that the food is best right after you purchase it, but after a few days it starts to get all nasty and won’t have the same quality. We did also learn that the pizza from Little Caesars stayed the same quality even after being a few days old. Something we found out is that fast food should really be eaten when you purchased it and never saved.